Reimbursements & Benefits
- Employers are reimbursed the current Hawaii State Minimum Wage plus $.50 for each additional $1.00 per hour paid over the minimum wage up to $14.00 per hour, for no more than 40 hours per week. Employers are also reimbursed an additional fourteen percent (14%) of the subsidized wages to cover other related expenses, such as Unemployment Insurance, Workers Compensation and FICA.
- Reimbursement is provided for up to 6 months, allowing the SEE employee to learn all facets of the job.
- Employers provide other benefits it offers their employees in similar positions, such as paid vacation, paid sick leave and the prevailing industry wage.
- Medical insurance may be provided by the State for the SEE employee for the length of the agreement.
- Employers who assist the SEE employee with transportation to and from work can be reimbursed at a negotiated amount up to $200.00 per month.